Updated: Jun 24
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner making it the perfect time to ensure your bedroom is set up for love a long time after the 14th of February.
The way your bedroom looks can be a contributing factor on how your relationship is going. So what does your bedroom say about your relationship? Is it set up as a romantic, relaxing sanctuary or a multi-function room with computers, televisions, ironing and exercise equipment in it? If you have a multi-function room these distractions are sure way to fizzle out the romance!
Follow these 10 Feng Shui tips to help enhance a long lasting, happy and romantic relationship.
1. For love to flourish remove all electronic equipment including computers and televisions out of the bedroom. How can there be great romance when you are receiving emails or the TV is blaring?? I know this is a big one for a lot of people but it well worth it!
2. Remove mirrors out of the bedroom as they cause disturbed sleep and restlessness. Mirrors can also encourage a third party into the relationship. If you have mirrored robe doors you can simply turn them around and either paint or cover in wall paper. If you need a full length mirror place one on the back of the bathroom door.
3. The type of artwork placed in the bedroom is very important. Here are some do’s and don’ts:
A traditional Feng Shui picture for a couples bedroom to enhance love is a pair of peony flowers
A couple embracing
Avoid angry and hostile images
Avoid scenes of more than two people in it as it symbolises inviting more people into your relationship
No water scenes
4. It is important to have a pairs of things in your bedroom for example: bedside tables, lamps, candles. Having a pair symbolises a couple. Avoid having one object as it suggests being single.
5. Placing happy photos of you and your partner in the southwest corner of the bedroom and the southwest sector of the home helps to ensure the relationship stays strong. If you have any photos of family and friends in your bedroom please remove and put them out in the living area of the home.
6. Placing a pair of rose quartz heart crystals or raw rose quartz in the southwest of the bedroom or home enhance a happy relationship. Rose quartz is the stone for unconditional love.
7. Water features and pictures of water should be removed from the bedroom as they can cause loss.
8. A traditional Feng Shui enhancer is to display a picture of the double happiness symbol in your bedroom as it is a great romance enhancer.
9. Have your bed easily approachable from both sides with matching bedside tables and lamps on each side.
10. The colour scheme and the lighting in your bedroom have an impact on the romantic feeling you are trying to create. Choose neutral soothing colours for the walls, skin tones are best. The lighting should be lower lux and the globes to use are cool white as they are soft and not too bright.